Join us on April 10th for the 2022 Stanford Medicine My Heart Counts 5K & 10K!
Your Title Goes Here
The Stanford Medicine My Heart Counts 5K takes place on April 30, 2023 – our annual walk/run celebrating life, heart health, and wellness is back in person!
Join us on race day starting at 8:00 am for a race expo/activities. Race starts at 9:00 am.
You will be running or walking through the beautiful Stanford Campus. Together we can make a difference.
Participate and raise money for great causes, including:
- Education and screening programs for heart disease
- Providing heart disease tests for those in need
- Advancing cutting-edge research to prevent or cure heart diseases that still take too many, too early
Sunday, April 30, 2023
Koret Plaza, Stanford
- 8:00 am
Expo area opens
- 9:00 am
5K race begins
- 10:00 am (approximately)
Kids Fun Run begins
How do I create a team?
- Register for the race and you will be prompted to create a team!
- Decided after registering you want to create a team, contact us. We can do it for you!
- Is there a limit on how many can join your team? No, the more the merrier.
How can I fundraise for My Heart Counts?
- Register for My Heart Counts
- Like and share our My Heart Counts Facebook page
- Recruit friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors to join your team: Ask 10 people to donate $10 – 20 each. See draft email/letter.
- Double your impact: Ask your HR department to match your donation.
- Connect with donors: Share your progress and follow up on donation requests.
Can I volunteer?
Where and when is packet pick up? What do I bring with me?
- Saturday, April 29th from 10am – 2pm at Sports Basement in Redwood City!
- Bring a valid photo ID.
- If picking up for someone else, make sure you have their bib number.
When does registration close?
- Saturday, April 29th
How long is the Kids Fun Run?
- Two laps around the expo area
Can I change to remote runner ?
- Yes, contact us and we can make the change for you.
What is your refund policy ?
- No refunds but you can transfer your registration to another participant if you are unable to join. Please contact us to transfer your registration.
When does the race start?
- Race starts at 9am. Join us starting at 8am for race expo/activities.
Are strollers allowed on the course?
- Yes, strollers are allowed. Please use strollers safely and at a responsible pace. We ask that participants with strollers start at the back of race start.
What is available at the aid stations?
- Water will be provided at at the water stops
Do I need to show proof of vaccination to run the race?
- No, Stanford no longer requires that you show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours as of April 4th.
- Although you do not have to wear a mask, feel free to bring one if you are more comfortable with one on.
Where do I park?
- There is plenty of parking along the streets and surrounding areas near the start/finish line. The Track and Field lot across the street also has plenty of parking spaces and is free on the weekends.
Is there a gear check?
- There will be no gear check
Is there a time limit?
- All 5K participants are required to finish the race within 1 hour, a 19:21 minute/mile pace
Do you have a question not on this list? Email us!
Proceeds from the Stanford Medicine My Heart Counts 5K & 10K will support patient care, heart research, and education programs provided by the Stanford Center for Inherited Cardiovascular Disease.
About the My Heart Counts App
In March 2015, along with Apple Inc, we launched the My Heart Counts study, a first-in-the-world research study entirely implemented on the iPhone that within a few weeks became the fastest recruiting study in the world.
With partners, we pioneered a new way to do heart research – one where the participant is at the center, controlling and donating their own data for the betterment of all humankind. Since then the study has grown and grown to return more and more results to participants. We now offer the option of including your genetic data from 23andMe.
As well as signing up for the 5k/10k, if you have an iPhone, we invite you to join the My Heart Counts study by signing up at the Apple app store here.